"Hurt Happens."

It dawned on me, like the sun does early in the morning
slowly, gently, sleepily... cool slowly warms
then Bam!  Rise and shine!

I read the ideas I penned on the pages
from the time that I was sitting near the lake's edge
on the opposite side of the world from where I write this now

There were fragments of me everywhere
Some tucked neatly into drawers, others scattered to the wind
And some pieces that I kept protected, mainly from myself

My heart still rattled when I reached out
I heard a movement; and then I read about the vibration
"The rumble is where wholeheartedness is cultivated and change begins."

I started to play my age old game of connect-the-dots; I moved the dots around a bit;
made some dots bigger and erased the over-used ones.
Reluctantly, I left the failure dots in place... they are still teaching

I engaged in a difficult conversation with myself
that burned a little as the thoughts bubbled in my brain
then blistered my tongue as the words formed in my mouth

I swallowed hard on some of them and forced them extinguished
Others I rolled around until they were softer
And I knew that they wouldn't crush when they landed

Silence took the life from the thoughts that made their way to sound
And turned them into lines on papers
Carefully placed ramblings that bled into this

Curiosity has come to have its' way; But "curiosity is deviant."
Vying for the unexplored, unfelt and radically avoided
Turning things upside, inside-out and igniting the discomfort of courage

I'm in the wake of an unexpected emotion
Unbraced for impact, resisting my right-hook and running shoes
Instead I started to dig, search, treasure-hunt...

Looking for the why and how and when
In my search for numb and reason
I found it, dead center in the sting.

"Hurt Happens."

And that's okay.

to be continued ....














Comments

  1. Sounds like one of my "treasure hunts." Can't wait to read part 2 - the treasures and antiques. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts