In the Shine of a Supermoon

Lately, I've been crawling through words, invisible lines, and untouched pages, some that I went back to retouch, and others that I tore right out of the binding. How they dared to be there was beyond me! I crumpled them up and threw them into the future - where they belonged.

I've been discovering the hidden between the lines and taking the time to dismantle the treasures, so I can feel the inside. Turning things inside out takes time, and I'm taking it.

One night last week,  I watched a Super Moon rise, and then even felt its' shine*, while holding the hand of possibility. I stood in awe beneath a canopy of unknown, realizing that "good things can happen overnight."

Then Tin Man lyrics called one morning and offered me a trade; "You give me your heart, and you can have my armor." He tried to convince me that he knew something that I didn't.  His armor's glare was blinding and I had to close my eyes. So I just listened for awhile. And I let him plead his case.

He had one, no doubt. My heart knew his case well. The empty. The search. The ache. The space that wanted fill.

His armor could protect me. Shield me. Provide for me. His armor could keep my heart safe.

I was enticed.

But I had a case too.  So I let him listen to the rattle of broken pieces. I let him feel the ache of fullness. I let him touch the tremble. I let him know the risk.

I still had more to share and so he oiled up his aching joints, and laid down next to me so he could hear me better. The glare of the sun had gone off to find a new place to reflect, so I opened my eyes to see him, as he closed his.

I told him how I was finding Courage, something his powerful friend was so in need of! Breathing in the free found only in the fall and leaning hard into the possibility of hurt. But it didn't matter, because I have learned that there is a freedom found only in the break. And when good things break, the insides pour out, and might actually be the oil that he needs!

He opened his eyes. He creaked a smile. He reached for my hand. And suddenly the Tin Man started to change his mind, since he realized he had one of those!

What if we shared our strengths? What if we joined our gifts? What we held hands and his Armor and my Heart went on an adventure together? And if my Heart broke, we'd use the oil for his Armor, and we'd share the Courage to keep right on loving.

The Son changed angle and we both saw Light in a new way.

Together, we decided to keep our eyes open!

And I decided not to let go of the other hand that held mine!








Comments

  1. They say a "picture is worth a thousand words", but your words are what brings this picture to life! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts