In all the in-between


Lately, there have been so many goodbyes on the other side of hellos
So many "let's just see" treatments on the outside
of what the inside already knows

I've seen the seasons shifting colors hard
I've felt the wind blowing backwards
And heard the crying of expectations unmet.

Broken hearts still rattle brightly through the torrential heavy
Bleeding love unrequited and wounds of betrayal
Still trying to rob forgiveness of its' air.

Lonely promises are made, with an "empty to fill"
Where colors stand still and air is thick
And where sound chooses to drain its' own echo

In the space between the seasons, shifting shadows creak and moan
Wishing and waiting for yet again
With a breath that chooses only to speak silence

I watched him leave again, as she came to take his hand
The dream chaser and reality maker
And all the in between

Suitcases packed full of yesterdays
With a golden ticket to tomorrow in his hand
Departure time is inked and possibility looms

It's from here that I watch
It's in the pause that I sit
It's in the moments between the heartbeats that I wait

There are gaping holes in this space of time
They remind me that you are missing from me
And yet His Presence remains.

And so do I.

In all the in-between.





Comments

  1. Another very peaceful and emotional verbal masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts