Swim Big

So he's getting ready to get on a jet plane, or two. No doubt, he's planning to touch a few clouds along the way.

He's packed enough life into his suitcase to cover him for the next couple of months. I may even have neatly folded a hug or two in there for him to find when he needs one most.

My Kid is accustomed to swimming in a huge ocean with powerful waves that have threatened to hold him under. Slowly but surely, I've learned to stop holding my breath as I've watched him come out victoriously on the other side.

This time he's getting ready to dive deep into an entirely different element. This kind of sea is made of grass, of turf, of wild dreams in a foreign land. It has magical opportunity for connections, growth, new found adventure and soul-deep dependence; Dependence on a Lord who sees, who knows, and who is faithful to provide.

It's going to take the same intention for me to breathe through this time ahead as it does when I watch those massive waves swallow my Kid alive! But this time, I'll need to exhale without seeing him come up for air.

I call that Faith; A Faith that has saved me from my self countless times before. A Faith that will have to fill in all the panicky little cracks that I hear forming in my head. And a Faith that will go with the Kid, when I don't.

He's a young fish in a really big sea! But that tide is changing too!

And like I always tell him, no matter what happens, and how long you're held under, just remember to look up! Look for the Light! And follow Him to the surface!

And whatever you do Kid,  remember to swim BIG!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts