stars in a glass jar

I have a glass vessel that caresses a thousand molecules of light. It sits on a shelf just beyond my reach. With great aim, I toss bits of what I find up into it when I can.  Once, I found the moon and even though I chased after it with all my might, it teasingly evaded capture. Moon hunting can be tricky! However, the stars let me touch them and some even clung to me with electric love that buzzed so gently that it altered my heart beat and left it on the good side of lost. Stars leave their energy print in the form of glitter everywhere and I sparkle from the inside when I get the chance to bathe in them. They gather in family clusters that form apparitions that were painted thousands of years ago.  There are devices (and creative users) that introduce us to their ancestors through time-travel and even unveil the man-made monitoring creations precisely placed with great purpose.  From telescopes on mountaintops to hand-held bits of million-dollar fruit, we are given a glimpse into what feels like, and could very well be, the yesterdays of forever.  I lay there staring at the black sky and wonder if the stars really are "holes to heaven" like Jack proposes. I contemplate choosing to "go toward the light" instead of remaining so anchored into the hardened clay of Earth. Lately, I've even gone venturing out into the unknown, with the newly-known, equipped with what I thought I already knew ... Only to discover the joy that comes from having been released from the misconceptions of boundaries and safety. And what I've found as a result, well... Let's just say that I'm collecting the stars in a glass jar to pay forward one day very soon... Together.

Comments

  1. The irony in this is tonight, of all nights, I cannot see the light of the stars above. In lieu of their absence, I "pinned" in a search of this cosmic energy you so vividly express. In love and light...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts