Chasing Light

I've heard it said that in order to appreciate the light, a certain amount of darkness has to be experienced, or something like that anyway. Well I'm drawn to light. In all forms. Visually, I prefer soft golden light that's born right around sunset. The light that's delivered by the rays that hide behind trees and then creep their way through the leaves in an attempt to light them on fire. The painted air full of colors that change with the seconds and keep the eye guessing as to what comes next. Then there's the kind of light that can be felt by running your hand through its path and then breathing it in, light held deeply. It can be harnessed by genius and creativity. It can even be given away and used on the path of someone who has lost his way. Lately, I've found myself in childlike gaze, exploring the millions of light particles scattered in the night sky. I'm in awe of the bravery of the delicate molecules that caress the once unseen and reveal just enough of those moments that have been just patiently waiting to be discovered. Night lights of the dark sky sparkle like cold cracking pop rocks and burn cool to taste if you'll simply let them land on the tongue of your imagination. That kind of light makes me giggle! But my absolute favorite type of Light is the kind of light that produces Hope and Grace and Acceptance. It shines brightest in the darkness of my twisted, broken, saddened thinking; When my thoughts darken and frightfully remind my heart of its' broken pieces that still cut at the flesh confining it. This darkness gets a grip on me and tries to petrify me into running. But without fail, His Light breaks through and saves me from myself! His Light heals and guards and protects and it's proven true yet again, that His Light shines brightest in this darkness. My adventure today took me wildly out into familiar territory and I marveled at what I found..... may I never stop doing what I have so grown to love ... Chasing Light ...

Comments

Popular Posts