The Glitter of Grace

Being on the edge of something can be exhilarating.  The enticement of the unknown and the sheer force of the desire to know can be hypnotic. But it can also be deceiving.  So rather than leap heart-first and head-last into an abyss, I was inspired to remain and observe for awhile.  I'm finding new ways to look at familiar things and noticing beauty in pain and the other side of ugly. I am discovering that there's an undercurrent that has created the surface of things and of people. There are invisible contributions that are only apparent to the viewer when you aren't actually looking for them. The perspective is softening my heart towards the hard things and bringing joy even to my disappointments. I know hearts that have been broken by betrayal,  minds that have been attacked by anger, and souls that have been tormented by loss.  I've been both the inflictor and the inflicted.  I've loved wholly and undeniably and still been left, wanting and wondering why. And I'm sorry for the times that I have left others under the same fog of wonder. But rather than focus on the jagged collisions that try to give birth to regret, I'm choosing to give thanks for the smoothness that results from the friction. The shine and the glean that comes through once the dust has been blown away and His Hand has wiped it clean. I'm committing to searching for the glitter today.  And I'm counting on the hope that the reflections will yield a warmth that brings with it a fresh out-pouring of Grace.

Comments

Popular Posts