Embracing Alone


I discovered uncharted territory. An enchanted place that I had been avoiding.  Acknowledging my desire to go there tugged at me with threads of surprise and crimson cords of guilt. Yet I willingly choose to go there now. It's not as daunting as its painted reputation. When I'm there, I don't have to be strong for anyone. I don't have to "keep it together" or worry about how my "handling things" might help or hurt someone else. I get to feel my pain in its' entirety and I'm honored. I get to be...simple, raw, and real. The air is full of a type of grief that only I can breath. No expectations of myself or anyone else. The silence is only as complicated as I choose to make it or allow it to be.  I wrap myself around the only Company occupying the space. The Company is safe, protecting, private and enveloping. The quiet chooses to be too quiet and the stillness - too still. I am drawn to it right now and so I visit ... honestly and often. Embracing Alone ... 

Comments

  1. I feel this every night. You bring a verbal beauty to the raw emotions of love, life and loss. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this every night. You bring a verbal beauty to the raw emotions of love, life and loss. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts