my girl ...

Now I know right off the bat, the "my" in "my girl" will evoke a cascade of response. And along the path behind me that I've been walking, running, stumbling and once in awhile even crawling along,  the responses would overwhelm me. Knock me over. Scare me off. Sit me down. But I have discovered a new path!  It's covered with soft, mossy, footing, so even though I'm less apt to back down, it's still slippery. So I'll proceed with caution, maybe out of respect for the ground underneath the covering, and maybe a little for the trees that are standing by watching - casting their shade. She was always a peculiar package of giggles. Leopard-skin printed leggings, silver toe nails, and a sassy swank to the way she held her lip glossed mouth. She had spunk and wit, off the charts for a little girl. At the age of 2,  she loved to be in front of the video camera and then run around to have me replay what I had just filmed. Then she'd roll around laughing at herself and everyone would join in! She was contagious! It was impossible not to catch whatever she wanted to give you. And I caught her young! It's been just over 15 years now and the gentle, quiet, assuring consistency of who she is becoming is one of the most beautiful pieces of artwork that I've seen develop before my eyes. I'm humbled by her love, acceptance, and peacefulness. She's poised and centered. She can give you a hug and leave you with it after she's left the room! She can still spackle a room with her humor and your cheeks will ache from the joy! She stands up for what - and who - she believes in.  She lives from somewhere deep within that was forced to be brave at far too young of an age. She unlocks the bravery when it's needed and then calmly tucks it away for easy access at her beck and call. If you want anyone watching your back, she's your girl! Or in this case ... she's 'my' girl. And she is deeply loved ...

Comments

Popular Posts