my boy ...

My boy has me and I have him. We have our faith in God... a very big God. Then we have our religion, it's called soccer. They continue to make great indie films & music that stretch our thinking... cause us to go farther and deeper. We continue to read spectacular tales of knights in shining armor and courageous, heroic women looking fear square in the face and unleashing a maniacal rhapsody. I hope that I am one of those women, at least as my boy sees me. And when the pieces of my heart rattle too loudly, I hope that I am able to sing lovely enough as to distract from the clanging. He'd rush in hammer and nail to fix the brokenness if I'd let him. He is talented beyond reproach, both in skill and character.  At 13, he's more insightful than I, at almost 40, am only just taking the time become. He experiences his imagination out loud and up front. And I heard somewhere once, that "if you want to make God laugh, then tell Him your plans." Well, he and God are always cracking each other up!  They enjoy a friendship unmatched. I look at how far he and I have come and realize that there's so many more miles of road ahead of us. The journey is just taking a turn. There are mountains to climb and waterfalls to swim in.  Dragons to slay and love to be grown. He and I are just going to need to buy a couple new pair of shoes... and a cool hand-carved walking stick, made by none other than his truly ... my boy! We will move on. I will go ahead for now until he's strong enough to take the lead.  He's been leading for too long anyway. It's my turn now. Hopefully I can get him to listen to me! I'll sure have fun trying! He will try to avoid stepping on the cracks in the sidewalk as he skips back and forth behind me, around me,  and in front of me.  Until he learns to make the cracks himself and to value the impact. Then he'll take the lead. And I'll smile at how large he's grown and with such bravery that he conquers the future.  And, the sun will still continue to set and rise on schedule. And I will always love my boi ...

Comments

  1. I just read all your articles and they are incredibly beautiful. I am touched by your honesty, your pain, your courage, your passion. Thanks for sharing your gift with the world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts