Grace on Fire

Years of memories, laughter, tears and joy can make for radical kindling in a raging fire! Trust, love, friendship, and all their familial offshoots were recently used as fuel and the heat melted whispered secrets and turned them into smoke. An unexpected burning of emotions erupted and I had to sit quietly and contemplate the ash. The inferno of it all, melted colors into confusion. And as maniacally pyro as it might sound, I resisted the familiar urge to rush in and pour cool liquid on the heat. Instead, I listened to the crack and crackle of the reality and let it burn! Great discoveries resulted in my allowing the fire to take its' course. Fabulous freedom came forth from confining chains! Haunting feelings were stripped bare and their cores were exposed. Wildly reactive nerve endings begged me to leap... but I didn't! Soon the pain gave way to Acceptance and then Understanding, Compassion and Forgiveness came along and I chose to let them leave their fingerprints embedded in my flesh. The heat blistered gently, as I watched the scars give birth to beauty. Then I grabbed ahold of all the Grace that my hands and heart could hold and I threw it in .... and I smiled as I watched it burn! 

Comments

  1. I love love love the emotions that this conjures up within me as I read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts