A Stop Sign

There's an irony to the perfection of timing... at least as it plays out in my life. It's laced with joy and surprise and delightfully coated sweetness that attracts my intuition, like delicate flakes of iron to a magnet. There are signs everywhere that command Time to go from here to there. There are signs that send you turning right or left and some that even forbid a return.  Some of them allow for advance and others command you to stop - although I rarely follow them as painted! However, I decided to pay attention the other day, and magically came to a complete stop! I didn't roll through it, as had been my usual approach. I smiled and waited. And I looked and listened. Here is what I found, or maybe... here is what found me. The impeccable motion of time came partially to a halt, but teasingly continued to swirl about as scheduled. Impatience was motioned on and kindly asked to take a detour.  An intersection subtly asked for a choice to be made, or at the very least, for a pause to be taken. Decidedly, the ignitions were quieted and curiosity quietly percolated. Barriers were carefully removed and intentionally placed aside. Apprehension still buzzed but familiarity came to cradle it to sleep and well-known laughter kept it at bay. Unexpected gifts come from paying attention to the signs that have all been so carefully positioned along the way. It's one thing to see them and quite another to respond. There are moments that only happen in the middle of a street and can never be duplicated. The Stop Sign will always remind me of that!

Comments

Popular Posts