Dodging Tornados

Storms of all types have been tearing through my life lately. A few days ago, actual tornados took their turn. Calamity terrorized the landscape of Dallas. Trees with deep, rich, and extending roots where brutally forced to uproot and were splintered by the storm. Homes that held the dreams and hearts of families, had their roofs peeled back, exposing the sanctity of private. The brutality of nature's cyclic forces were massive and visibly impacting. Then there was calm...stillness...and eery silence.  Peace painted her gloss over the face of remnant. Tears were shed and hearts bled. Then the sun broke through reminding torment of the promise and hope shed its' glory.  The parallel of the physical reality around me and the emotional upheaval that my life is currently experiencing is uncanny. It was almost like watching the inner turmoil vacuumed out of my core and radically exposed to the elements, for everyone to see without knowing. I marveled at how fleeting dreams could be. How quickly things can change. Then in gratefulness, I smiled at His usual approach;  He protects, provides, and promises and the storms pass on. Memories might haunt. Present can sting. But Future offers hope. So, I pick up the scattered pieces of my heart and life, put back together what I can, gather new shiny instruments and rebuild, with my eyes focused on Him. With palms up and fists unclenched, I make the choice to trust the process....

Comments

Popular Posts