Shadow

Lately, I've been carrying around this subtle shade of color that actually has weight to it. I think her name is "Shadow." She is so quiet in her presence that sometimes I barely know she's there. But even her silence burns.  Her persistence is unwavering. So, I grab my Bible and go voraciously on a hunt for all things 'shadow.' And this is what I find. I cast 'her' just by walking in the Light. Giant trees being nourished by deep underground waters cast 'shadows' around the area that they are planted. 'Shadow' is a shape-shifter that God uses sometimes as a sign on a sundial and at other times as a protective element, hiding the hurting and healing under the 'Shadow' of His Wings. 'Shadow' is of things to come and of things that have already been.  My favorite jewel of treasure so far is the shiny one that says, 'those who dwell under his shadow shall be revived like grain and grow like a vine.' Oh, how I desire revival and growth! And to remember that even the Law was a 'shadow' of good things to come.  Heavenly-things cast 'shadows' too...'Shadows' that can be healing, as they fall across those waiting for her grace. Certain flowers will only open their beauty to receive 'Shadow.' Even in her darkness, the work of beauty ministers and the experience of worship is shared and poured out. There are of course the mighty mountains that cast their 'shadow' into the valley of death; In my case, the 'death' of dreams, hopes, and the heart's plan. I've decided to fully embrace her - palms up and open - and to welcome and accept 'shadow' for who she truly is. And as the treasure hunt comes to a close, I notice that she has painted her brushstroke across the tile floor beneath my feet and made the contrast of the sun's rays that much brighter and so much warmer to the touch. 'Shadow' is present and fully connected and shifts with my heart and mind's eye ... and I'm thankful for her.

Comments

Popular Posts