Healing

The wind was carrying a word around this morning. He touched my cheek as he blew by me and took my breath away for a split second.  He brought several people to heart when I heard him. He brought tears to my eyes when I felt him. He said that his name was "Healing" and that he had come to stay awhile. He said he had a great deal to teach me and that it would take time. I knew "Time," intimately. She always goes arm-in-arm with "Healing" on her right and "Solitude" on her left. I noticed that they like to link arms and form a chain of change-agents that bring gentle, but powerful, growth opportunity to those that receive them and allow their embrace. A few weeks ago I heard a door shutting. I know that it was gently shut by tears and pain, and loyalty dust outlined the shadow where the open door once rested.  At first I thought perhaps it was because I had done something wrong ... or that someone else had done something wrong. "Healing" came to shine his light on that thought. The three friends stood arm in arm, asking me without words to simply remain where I am. To wait. To believe. To grow. To trust. And so I surrendered to them and they encircled me and I rested. In His Will ....

Comments

  1. That is so beautiful, and so profoundly true! May healing do its complete and gracious work in you- body, soul and spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts