Red

I sat in front of flames of crimson, blue and gold and cried tears of silver. I wondered why. I wondered how. I wondered when. Then I realized that it was just because, and just as is, and just right now. And so I wept.  Tears came from the emptiness beyond empty.  Some sort of internal dam had broken and nothing short of a miracle could stop the flood. I'd have drowned if the sun hadn't risen.  Sunlight's gentle hands touched the surface of all sleeping things and warmed the emptiness. And the day broke!  I felt a sudden draw to the color red. It screamed to me of passion, confusion, anger, frustration and surrender.  It's a hard color to hide once you've committed to it.  It has a mind of its' own and I wanted to join in. And so I did. I splashed it across the main wall in the dining room. I bled into the color and it deepened in blue. I took great care in watching the plaster absorb the pigment and worked diligently to ensure every pore drank it's fair share. The wall, the color, and my pain ...  committed and surrendered to not forgetting. To mark a time, a place, a detail that forever will be represented by the color red.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored to have assisted you with the commitment process in a small way. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts