Opened

Lonely had kept me safe long enough. She protected me in comforting, warm, and isolating ways that can only be experienced first hand.  But I was ready to invite the outside in, even if it hurt me. After all, even Hurt had become a friend somewhere along the way so we were well acquainted. I was in the mood for some new friends though and I wasn't afraid of asking Hurt to take a seat for awhile.  I wasn't, however, willing to ask him to leave altogether.  Hurt inflicted a measurable confirmation that I was indeed capable of feeling alive. Hurt smiled and chose to stand aside as opposed to my requested seating.  I smiled back at his stubbornness. Further, I was ready to shift the perspective from Hers to Mine ... from She to I ... and I welcomed any another shift that came upon me. Then I closed my eyes and listened .... and the door simply opened!  ... And there was Light.

Comments

Popular Posts