Found

Sweetly, the voice I'd heard on the other side of the door, whispered, "Are you okay?" I hardly knew how to reply, for I wasn't sure what "okay" was relative to.  So I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "I think so. Why do you ask?" He tried to come in, but I stopped him. This was private space. Sacred territory that hadn't been touched by anyone in a very long time - maybe ever for that matter. Interesting that now that the door was open, I was effectively trying to keep the outside where it belonged.  I was afraid I'd scared him off with my apprehensive response, instead he simply sat in the doorway, just outside of in. The sunlight cloaked him in gold and wrapped around him so tightly that I couldn't see his face clearly. I think he was crying .... but I couldn't be sure. He rolled a ball across the floor in my direction ... I think he wanted me to roll it back, but he didn't say anything. So when the ball ended its journey across the broken pottery and dusty floor, and found its way to my feet, I picked it up. I held it in my right hand because I realized that my left hand was bleeding.... then it started to Hurt. Confirmation that I could still feel ... I was still alive. And had in fact been Found.

Comments

Popular Posts