My Heart is Purple

My heart feels purple

with the weight of a deep shade

with a lavender lightness

it squeezes a rhythm that pumps ache

it pauses to regroup ... selah

it catches up to itself in shades of wine

it is bruised with agony and loss

it renders itself empty

it is ripe with wonder and curiosity

it listens when no one else will

it speaks even when I won't hear

it leaves heart-prints on my ribcage as it tries to escape

it turns inside out to feel what others feel

it believes when I don't and even more when I won't

it flutters when it knows something I don't yet

it doesn't hide when I think it should

it still chooses to beat when I try to stop it

it reflects what my body knows

it adjusts as its' thoughts dictate

it is royal and wears its' crown

as it searches for Truth in its' Maker

and it finds It.

Then I understand.

His Heart is purple too.



Comments

Popular Posts