afraid

"the thing you are most afraid to write.

write that.

               -advice to young writers"

                                 -Nayyirah Waheed


ok then.

I am afraid to write.

let's start there

even though

I write everyday

I write anything, anywhere, anytime

for anyone

for everyone

for no one

I break rules that I don't even know

then intentionally break the ones that I do

I write about Dark and his sister, Light

I write about Pain, and her Lies and Betrayals

I feed it Truth, hard truths and silent ones

I write from inside heartache

and from outside of its' break

I write about Hope, even as the thieves threaten

I write about Dreams, while disappointments claw hard

I turn my thinking inside out

Then try to hide the exposed 

sometimes I choke

sometimes I tremble

I cry and bleed

and run

Yes

I am afraid to write.

but I do it

anyway.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts