Grace & Salt

I have struggled with some less-than-gentle personalities in my life lately. I suppose my entire life has been peppered with them.

Admittedly, even the mirror has reflected less-than-gentle at times. It's from that posture, that I write this.

Unfiltered thoughts, poured boiling-hot into words, have left me shaking the head of my heart and scratching at the audacity.

Deep breaths. Gratitude.

Intentional exhales. Grace.

Empathetic reasonings. Salt

There have been the promises that twisted and got lost in their journey

There have been the rough and offensive

There have been the manipulative and doubting

There have been the half-truths, quarter-lies and scarring disloyalty

There have been the less than all, and the resulting ache

With such intensity and impactful burn.

Blistered purpose that I couldn't possibly have understood in the fire

Until the looking back.

Until the moving on.

Until the brushing off.

Reminded once again that "God's forsight is our hindsight."

I look back and I hear the echo.
Echo's landings are visible.

And mixed with what was once pain and loss and frustrating fear ...

I see Love.

Love; In all its' glory of teaching, molding, shaping, and arranging...

Love; In all its' conquering bravery and with its' healing touch...

Love; reminding me that "No matter what words people use, everyone is just asking to be loved."

And always with grace and seasoned with salt, I will choose to Love.

I think the world needs more of that.






Comments

Popular Posts