Feathers

The breeze that came through the door carried whispers in it. I turned to capture one of them. I reached for my quill and used the light to touch the paper with. Beautiful scrollings came to life on the tattered pages of my heart. Inspiration had come to visit and I asked her to stay awhile. She obliged but brought with her a friend... One she didn't appear interested in sharing with me. I simply saw him standing in the shadows ... almost like he was resting... Surrounded by feathers ... Or were they infact broken quills? He was dark like ink and moved around like the wind but stayed in her shadow. Her shadow was filled with light so it revealed him easily and I suppose wasn't really a shadow after all. I was comforted and I went back to the scrollings that were designing their destiny.

Comments

Popular Posts