doors

"Some doors are irresistible because of who walked through them."Some doors are painful because of who walked out of them. Some doors are protective barriers to keep people out. Once there was a door that was designed to keep me in. At the time, the door was tall, heavy and dark. It was a conduit of fear, abandonment, punishment and anger. But the door knew so much more than I did at that age. I now realize that the door had tried to be my friend. He guarded me from the pain outside and sheltered me from the fallout. Today, I have learned to appreciate doors. Doors can be elegant pathways of transition. Open ones that are waiting to be passed through. Closed ones that simply need to have the handle turned. Locked ones that I've been given the key to;) And sealed doors that possess no means for passage. Then there's this space when you exit one door, before you enter another, where the air is laced with trembling uncertainty, unimaginable discovery and glittering hope. The reflection can make it hard to see clearly out there but somehow you know it's going to be okay.  It's during the transition that the beauty of pain, brokenness and healing can all be breathed in simultaneously... deeply, slowly and purposefully.
..... and that's when things just start to happen.

Comments

Popular Posts